Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Presidential Cookie Bake-Off - 2012

My friend, Stephanie Nye, dropped off a plate of cookies featuring two kinds of cookies with this note attached:
"Dear Friends, In 1992, the First Lady Cookie Contest began. Twenty years later, the tradition continues. Your patriotic duty is to taste and vote!"
Most of my family members weren't available, so I asked several friends to help. They tasted the cookies and voted for their favorite.  The oatmeal M & M cookies got eight votes, and the mint chocolate chip cookies received two.
Then, I opened the envelope revealing the winner, and . . . drumroll . . . the winning recipe belongs to . . . Ann Romney!!

*Unfortunately, I have egg on my face (no pun intended) since my daughter, Janette and I were the only two who voted for the mint chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment