Wednesday, August 1, 2012

"Be Strong and of a Good Courage"

I like the Old Testament scripture where Joshua is counseled three times by God before taking the children of Israel into Canaan . . . "be strong and of a good courage."* The third time the message is delivered, it is followed by "be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed."*
This is still good advice for today.
I believe the November presidential election is the most important election of my life.
I'm glad for God's words to "be strong and of a good courage" because my personal freedom and independence are important to me. I strongly object to an ever-more-encroaching government depriving Americans of the rights and responsibilities of governing themselves as long as their thoughts, words and actions do not infringe on the rights of others.

*Joshua 1:6, 7, 9 (King James Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment